Hot Toys does it again with this killer 1/6 scale figure of the Classic Predator! This figure was released to coincide with Robert Rodriguez’s film Predators, which I just recently saw on a premium cable channel. The newer film is much better than the Alien vs. Predator films, with a concentration on heavy artillery and jungle action just like the original Predator film from 1987.
This has got to be the coolest toy I have ever seen. There are so many features on this toy that I don’t know where to start, but first I want to give a big hand to sculptor and painter Joseph Tsang and painter J C Hong. I have never before seen so much effort put into every little detail of a paint job. So much detail that it is hard to believe that this is only a 14 inch tall figure. The sculpt is also awesome, including the inclusion of rubber dreadlocks, made to look exactly like they did in the movie.
Here is the laundry list of specifics from the Sideshow Collectibles website:
The Classic Predator One-Sixth Scale Figure features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Classic Predator from the movie Predators
- Realistic and accurate 1/6th scale (approximately 14 inches tall)
- Over 22 points of articulation
- Newly developed head sculpt and upper body
- Net on body and left hand
- One (1) interchangeable expanded mouth
- Six (6) interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of open palms
- One (1) left relaxed palm
- One (1) right palm with pointing forefinger
- Articulated shoulder cannon
- Leather-like skirt with waist band
- One (1) pair of forearm armor with expandable metal blade on right side, and LED light on left side
- One (1) left chest armor and back armor
- One (1) right shoulder armor with straps
- One (1) pair of thigh armor
- One (1) pair of leg armor
- Detachable battle damaged face mask with LED light-up function
- Classic face mask
- Display stand features forest scene with bone trophies and tree trunk
There are a few different versions of packaging for this figure, but who cares! I just want to open it up and play with it!
If you are a Predator collector or fan, then you’ve gotta have this figure!
Gotta Have It Rating
Overall I would rate this item on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the highest score) as follows: